Check out the Tasty One-Stop Shop for cookbooks, aprons, hats, and more at TastyShop.com: http://bit.ly/2mEBY0e
Here is what you’ll need!
Indian Fried Doughnuts (Gulab Jamun)
Makes: 10 doughnuts
200 grams powdered milk
100 grams flour
1 tablespoon semolina
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon lemon juice
50 milliliters melted butter
300 milliliters milk
300 grams sugar
200 milliliters water
Few strands saffron
Almonds, toasted and chopped
Pistachios, toasted and chopped
1. In a large bowl, mix the powdered milk, flour, semolina, bicarbonate of soda, lemon juice, butter, and milk until thoroughly combined.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest for 15 minutes, until all the moisture is absorbed.
3. Take a golf ball-sized portion of dough and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough.
4. In a deep pot, heat the sunflower oil until it reaches 360°F/160°C.
5. Fry the doughnuts for about 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are golden brown on all sides.
6. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fried doughnuts to a paper towel-lined plate.
7. Add the sugar, water, and saffron to a saucepan over a medium heat, and stir.
8. Once the sugar has dissolved and is syrupy (about 5-7 minutes), add the doughnuts to the pan, stirring to coat in the syrup.
9. Let the doughnuts soak in the syrup for an hour.
10. Remove the doughnuts and garnish with the almonds and pistachios.
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Audio Network