Here is what you’ll need!
Greek-Style Stuffed Tomatoes (Yemista)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
120 milliliters olive oil
100 grams risotto rice
3 tablespoons tomato paste
3 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
10 grams parsley, chopped
100 grams beef mince, cooked
2 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
200 milliliters water
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
2. Cut the tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the flesh. Season the insides with a pinch of salt.
3. Chop tomato flesh and any of the additional juices. Mix them with the crushed garlic and set aside.
4. If you prefer pepper: cut the tops off the pepper and scoop the seeds out, set aside
5. If you like courgette: chop off both ends, then slice the courgette in half. For each half, cut off a 5 milliliter deep lid, then scoop the flesh out. Finely chop the courgette flesh.
6. In a large frying pan, heat 20 milliliters of the olive oil. Fry courgette until it’s just beginning to brown. Stir in the rice and cook until pearly white and toasty. Carefully pour in the tomato mixture and add the 2 tablespoon of tomato paste. Simmer until just thickened. 7. Season with 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and the parsley.
8. If there are meat lovers in the house, mix half the rice mixture with some cooked beef mince.
9. Arrange the vegetables in deep roasting trays. Spoon the rice mixture into the vegetables until just shy of full.
10. Scatter the potato wedges in between the vegetables. Replace the tops of the vegetables and season generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle the vegetables with 100 ml olive oil.
11. Mix 200 milliliters water with 1 tablespoon tomato puree. Pour around the vegetables.
12. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until the tomatoes are caramelized and the rice is al dente. 13. Serve hot or at room temperature, enjoy!
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Audio Network